Ects : 3
Volume horaire : 18
Coefficient : 1
Compétence à acquérir :
I have three main goals for the course:
- First, I intend to help you develop a nuanced and critical understanding of the economic properties and operating principles that drive the flow of revenues in the filmed entertainment industry.
- Second, I wish to highlight some of the strategies firms in the industry can use to address these specifics and what drives competitive advantage in the industry.
- Third, I hope to improve your understanding of the way digital technologies are reshaping the industry, pushing its boundaries, and driving industry growth at the global scale.
Mode de contrôle des connaissances :
Your course grade is based on both an individual and a group portion, involving an industry related project. Your final grade will account for participation.
Final exam. Your knowledge and understanding of the course content and readings will be tested. The final exam will account for 50% of your final grade.
Greenlight project. In groups of 5 students (max.), you will be asked to come up with a filmed entertainment project, and prepare a short greenlight memo (10 pages max.), including a creative part and a financial part. You will present your project in the last session of the course. The greenlight project will account for 50% of your final grade.
Participation. Your final grade will be adjusted for participation (-1/+2 points).
Description du contenu de l'enseignement :
- In this course, we will examine some of the critical features that structure the global filmed entertainment industry, how these features pose specific managerial challenges, and some approaches to overcome those challenges. We’ll examine the trends that shape how the industry is evolving, and discuss the challenges and opportunities these trends bring about.
- The course is primarily designed for students who wish to pursue a career in the industry, or who are planning to work in companies that advise or support the sector. More generally, it will be of interest for students seeking to advance their knowledge of strategy and management in the context of a challenging, rapidly changing, and increasingly digital environment.
Enseignant responsable :