Anglais F : Economy in the media Gp.2
Enseignant responsable :
- WILLIAM MUSE
Description du contenu de l'enseignement :
This class will look at how the economy is portrayed in English speaking media. The economic impact on society, politics and culture will be investigated through analysis and discussion of print, broadcast and online media outlets from across the English speaking world.
Pré-requis obligatoires :
Coefficient : Coefficient 2 (Master Economie et Finance)<br /> Coefficient 0.5 (Master Affaires Internationales et Développement)
- Students will learn to effectively communicate and summarise ideas and issues
impacting the world today in English.
- Students will become familiar with and acquire specialist vocabulary related to the
economy and society.
- Students will be able to effectively present their ideas and analysis of class materials
with a high level of academic English.
Mode de contrôle des connaissances :
• In class presentations (50%)
• Final Exam (50%)
Bibliographie, lectures recommandées
A familiarity with media outlets from Anglophone countries.
- The Guardian
- The New York Times
- The Washington Post
- The Economist
- The Sydney Morning Herald
- Financial Times
- The Irish Times