Post-Doctoral Fellowship: Business Dynamics and Family Business
Université Paris Dauphine - PSL is seeking a highly skilled and motivated post-doctoral fellow to join the Chaire Entreprises Familiales for a two-year research project focused on the field of family businesses. This position requires expertise in quantitative economics and econometrics, particularly in microeconometrics applied to firm-level commercial and administrative datasets.
As a post-doctoral fellow, your primary role will be actively engaging in groundbreaking research and analysis of family businesses. Your responsibilities will encompass the utilization of advanced quantitative methods to explore various facets of family firms, including their economic performance and their influence on the local economic environment.
These topics encompass, but are not limited to:
- Economic performance: Investigating the financial indicators, profitability, growth patterns, and productivity of family businesses.
- Impacts on local economic environment: Examining the influence of family businesses on the local economy, including job creation, income distribution, and regional development.
- Succession planning: Analyzing the strategies and challenges associated with transitioning leadership and ownership within family businesses across generations.
- Innovation and adaptation: Examining the ability of family businesses to innovate, adapt to changing market conditions, and leverage their unique strengths for competitive advantage.
- Family business and trade: Assessing the impact of family businesses on international trade, including their participation in global value chains and their influence on trade patterns and policies.
It is expected that the post-doctoral fellow will contribute to advancing knowledge in these areas and may explore additional relevant topics within the broader scope of family business research.
Applicants should possess a strong background in quantitative economics and a demonstrated proficiency in econometric techniques, with a specific emphasis on microeconometrics. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of applying rigorous statistical methods to address complex research questions in the context of family businesses.
- A completed Ph.D. in finance or economics, with a focus on quantitative analysis.
- Strong proficiency in microeconometrics and the ability to apply advanced statistical methods.
- Proven research experience, evidenced by publications or working papers in the field of family businesses.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a research team.
- This post-doctoral fellowship provides a unique opportunity to advance your research career in the vibrant academic environment of the University Paris-Dauphine. As a fellow, you will have access to state-of-the-art research facilities, collaborative networks, and a supportive community of scholars.
To apply, please submit a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), a statement of research interests and goals, and copies of relevant publications or working papers. In addition, select two academic references in the EconJobMarket application system.
The application deadline is October 15, 2023. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
For further information about the position or inquiries regarding the application process, please contact Farid Toubal at firstname.lastname@example.org.