This confidentiality policy applies to any person who browses the website (including the organizational portal and any platforms that said portal links to), uses the various services intended for the administrative and instructional management of students available on the platforms (hereinafter referred to as "Services") and/or interacts with Université Paris-Dauphine in the course of using the website (hereinafter the "User(s)").
Université Paris Dauphine-PSL, as a data controller, endeavors to protect Users' private life in accordance with legal requirements, particularly the modified Act No. 78-17 of January 6, 1978 (the so-called "Information Technology and Civil Liberties Act") – and any law or directive that comes to supplement or replace it – as well as European regulation 2016/679 on the protection of personal data ("GDPR"). One objective of this confidentiality policy is therefore to better inform Users on how Université Paris-Dauphine protects the personal data it collects through the website.
In providing personal data in the course of using the website and services, the user acknowledges their awareness of the terms of this Confidentiality Policy and of the Legal Notices.
Unless otherwise stated in this confidentiality policy, any capitalized terms that are outlined in the Terms of Service will have the same meaning in the confidentiality policy.
1. Data collected by Université Paris Dauphine-PSL
Within the scope of the organizational portal, Université Paris Dauphine-PSL may collect and process the following user data elements:
- The username and email address associated with a user account
Within the scope of the admissions platform, Université Paris Dauphine-PSL may collect and process the following user data elements:
- Identity and contact details – title, last name, first name, address, phone number (landline and/or mobile), fax number, email address, date and place of birth, nationality, photo, and photocopy of a national ID
- Family, economic, and financial situation – marital status, parents' professions and socioeconomic status, scholarship type, and military service
- Professional life – CV/résumé, cover letter, a copy of transcripts and degrees earned, and letters of reference
- NIT authentication details
- the personal data of someone serving as an academic or professional reference for an applicant, including first and last name, title, email address, and organization
Within the scope of the housing platform, Université Paris Dauphine-PSL may collect and process the following user data elements:
- Identity – title, last name, first name, phone number (landline and/or mobile), email address, country of origin, and photocopy of a national ID
- Family, economic, and financial situation – employer organization, training programs completed, contract type, and place of work
The information that a user must provide to the site is indicated as such when the data is collected and in corresponding forms with an asterisk and/or a list of required fields. Any response that is lacking or deemed irregular by Université Paris-Dauphine may result in the organization denying the user's request.
Université Paris Dauphine-PSL may ask the user to provide certain personal data for the purposes of outreach and marketing communications (to send newsletters, event invitations, etc.). The user may explicitly and freely consent to or refuse the collection and processing of their personal data for these purposes by means of a check box. The user may also unsubscribe at any time, by email at a minimum, or potentially using a special interface.
2. Purposes of data processing
As a data controller, Université Paris Dauphine-PSL collects users' personal data in a lawful and fair way that respects their rights. The primary goal of this personal data collection is to offer users a secure, optimal, efficient, and personalized experience.
The data gathered by Université Paris Dauphine-PSL, including personal data, are used for the following purposes:
- to manage the creation of a user account
- to manage the submission of applications to academic programs at Université Paris Dauphine-PSL
- to gather letters of recommendation from academic or professional references for applicants to programs at Université Paris Dauphine-PSL
- to send newsletters and other messages related to outreach and participation in cultural events (with the user's consent)
- to produce statistics and improve the website and services
- to communicate with users and respond to their questions
- and to comply with relevant legislation and regulations
3. Data gathered via cookies
Cookies may be used on the website. Cookies are small files saved on the user's computer or on any electronic communication device used by the user while browsing the website. These files allow status information to be exchanged between the website and the user's browser.
Université Paris Dauphine-PSL uses the following types of cookies:
- Browsing cookies – These cookies are crucial for the website and its features to run smoothly. They do not gather information intended for use in market research or targeted advertising.
- Performance cookies – These cookies collect information on how the site is used by all users. In particular, performance cookies help to identify especially popular areas of the website and to record the number of visits. This information makes it possible to adapt the website content according to the needs of users, thereby improving the availability and usability of services offered on the website. The Site uses the Google Analytics tool to harness the data for statistical purposes.
The user's advance consent, granted via the cookie banner displayed on the site, is required before any reading or storage of cookies that are not strictly required for the Site to function and/or for services to be provided.
Cookies not required for website functioning and/or services are stored for no more than 13 months. After this period, the user's consent will once again be required before any new cookies can be stored.
You can delete all cookies that have been installed in the cookie folder of your browser.
Each browser has different procedures for managing your settings (Apple Safari, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.).
If you don't use any of the browsers mentioned, you can select the "cookies" option in the "Help" function to get information about where your cookies are located.
Be aware that if you choose to completely disable cookies, some of our features may be inaccessible.
4. Duration of data storage
The collected data are stored in accordance with current law and within applicable limitation periods. Pursuant to the Information Technology and Civil Liberties Act, a user has the right to access, correct, and delete their personal data. They may also object to the processing of their personal data for legitimate reasons. Furthermore, they may give specific instructions to Université Paris-Dauphine regarding the use of their data following their death. To exercise these rights, the user may send a request to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The user is also entitled to object, at no cost, to their personal data being used by Université Paris Dauphine-PSL for marketing purposes.
5. Users' rights relative to their personal data
To exercise these rights, the user may send a request to the following email address: email@example.com.
Université Paris Dauphine-PSL may ask the user to provide proof of identity before fulfilling their request.
6. Accuracy of personal data
The user agrees to ensure that their personal data provided on the site is up-to-date, accurate, complete, and unambiguous.
7. Disclosure of users' personal data
Université Paris Dauphine-PSL agrees to safeguard all personal data collected through the site and to only share said data under certain circumstances and in accordance with the provisions of applicable regulations.
Université Paris Dauphine-PSL may, for instance, give access to users' personal data to third-party service providers, in their capacity as subcontractors, to perform services related to the site, including hosting, storing, analysis, data processing, database management, and IT maintenance services. These service providers only act on the direction of Université Paris Dauphine-PSL and will only have access to personal data to perform these services, and they will be held to the same security and confidentiality requirements as Université Paris Dauphine-PSL. Université Paris Dauphine-PSL may also be required to annually disclose the data of students at Université Paris Dauphine-PSL to the Ministry of Higher Education and Research through SISE [student tracking information system] data streams.
Additionally, the user's personal data may be shared with third parties for the following reasons:
- in the course of a merger or acquisition of all or part of Université Paris Dauphine-PSL by a third party, which the user accepts;
- in response to any sort of legal or administrative proceedings, or in response to legal enforcement measures sought by the appropriate authorities;
- and to comply with legal requirements, protect the rights and/or safety of an individual, protect the rights and property of Université Paris Dauphine-PSL, including the need to confirm that thisconfidentiality policy is adhered to, and prevent fraud and security or technical issues.
8. Transfer of users' personal data
Personal data collected by Université Paris Dauphine-PSL on the site will not be transferred outside of the European Economic Area.
9. Security and protection of users' personal data
Université Paris Dauphine-PSL prioritizes the security of personal data. Université Paris Dauphine-PSL agrees to take all reasonable measures, administratively and technically, to prevent any disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction of personal data provided to them by a user (access control, password protection, access based on specific authorization, etc.).
10. Changes to the confidentiality policy
The confidentiality policy can be read on the site at any time. Université Paris Dauphine-PSL reserves the right to modify it at any time. The updated confidentiality policy will go into effect on the date it is posted on the site.
11. Contact Université Paris-Dauphine-PSL
If the user has any questions or comments regarding this confidentiality policy, they can contact Université Paris Dauphine-PSL at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.