Effective from May 25, 2018
1. Data collected by Université Paris Dauphine-PSL:
From users of the institutional portal, research centers websites, events, Université Paris Dauphine-PSL may collect and process the following user data:
- Last name, first name
- Phone number
- Number of students
From users of the admissions platform, Université Paris Dauphine-PSL may collect and process the following user data:
- Identity and contact information: title, last name, first names, address, phone number (landline and/or mobile), fax number, email addresses, date and place of birth, nationality, photo, photocopy of a national ID;
- Family, economic, and financial situation: marital status, parents' professions and socioeconomic status, scholarship type, military service;
- Professional life: CV/résumé, cover letter, copy of transcripts and degrees earned, letters of reference;
- NIT authentication details;
- Personal data of persons serving as an academic or professional reference for an applicant, including first and last name, title, email address, and institution.
From users of the housing platform, Université Paris Dauphine-PSL may collect and process the following user data:
- Identity: title, last name, first name, phone number, email address, country of origin, and photocopy of a national ID;
- Family, economic, and financial situation: employer organization, education received, contract type, place of work.
Any information that a user is required to provide online is indicated by an asterisk and/or a list of required fields at the place where the data is entered and on any corresponding forms. Any missing fields or any response that is deemed irregular by Université Paris-Dauphine may result in a denial of service to the user.
From users of the Dauphine Executive Education portal, Université Paris Dauphine – PSL may collect and process the following user data:
- Identity and contact information: title, last name, first names, address, phone number, email address, date and place of birth, nationality, marital status, photo;
- Professional life: employer, profession, salary, CV/résumé, cover letter, copy of transcripts and degrees earned, letters of reference.
Université Paris Dauphine – PSL maintains close links with Dauphine Alumni, the community of Dauphine alumni and students, and with Fondation Dauphine. As such, Université Paris Dauphine-PSL may ask the user to provide certain personal data for the purposes of outreach and marketing communications (newsletters, event invitations, etc.).
The user may explicitly and freely consent to or refuse the collection and processing of their personal data for these purposes by means of a check box. Users may also unsubscribe at any time, either by email or, potentially, through a dedicated unsubscribe portal.
2. Why do we collect user data?
As a data controller, Université Paris Dauphine-PSL collects users' personal data in a lawful and fair way that respects their rights. The primary reason for collecting personal data is to provide a secure, optimized, efficient, and personalized user experience.
On the institutional portal, the data gathered by Université Paris Dauphine-PSL, including personal data, may be used for the following purposes (in accordance with user consent):
- Creating a user account;
- Managing the submission of applications to academic programs at Université Paris Dauphine-PSL;
- Collecting letters of recommendation from the academic or professional references for applicants to programs at Université Paris Dauphine-PSL;
- Sending newsletters and other messages related to outreach and participation in cultural events (with the user's consent);
- Gathering statistics and improving the website and services;
- Communicating with users and answering user queries;
- Informing users about new Université Paris Dauphine-PSL programs;
- Informing users about partnerships developed by Université Paris Dauphine-PSL;
- Finding guest lecturers for courses;
- Complying with relevant legislation and regulations.
On the Dauphine Executive Education portal, the data gathered by Université Paris Dauphine-PSL, including personal data, may be used for the following purposes (in accordance with user consent):
- Handle your request to register for an event, download a document, receive information or apply to the university;
- Contact you about our continuing education programs and services;
- Contact you about the free events we organize for professionals.
3. Information collected by cookies
Université Paris Dauphine-PSL uses the following types of cookies:
- Service Cookies These cookies are necessary for the proper functioning of the site. They do not gather information intended for use in market research or targeted advertising.
- Performance Cookies These cookies collect information on how the site is used by all users. Performance cookies help identify the most frequently visited sections of the website and record the number of visits made to them. They allow us to adapt the content of the site to the needs of users, thereby improving the availability and usability of the services it offers. The Site uses Google Analytics to collect statistical data.
The use or storage of any cookies that are not strictly required for the functioning of the Site and/or the provision of services requires the prior consent of the user (granted via the cookie banner displayed on the site).
Non-essential cookies that are not integral to the functioning of the site and/or the provision of services are stored for no more than 13 months. After this period, the user must give their consent before any new cookies can be stored.
You can delete all the cookies that have been installed in your browser’s cookie folder.
Each browser has different procedures for managing your settings: (Apple Safari, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.).
If you don't use any of the browsers mentioned above, look for “Cookies" in the "Help" menu to find out where your cookies are located.
Be aware that if you choose to completely disable cookies, some of our features may not be available to you.
4. How long do we store your data?
Data collected will be stored in accordance with current legislation and within the applicable limitation periods.
5. Your rights with regards to your personal data
Pursuant to the Information Technology and Civil Liberties Act, a user has the right to access, correct, and delete their personal data. They may also object to the processing of their personal data on legitimate grounds. They may provide Université Paris-Dauphine with specific instructions regarding the use of their data following their death.
Moreover, the user may withdraw consent for the use of their personal data or unsubscribe from communications (announcements, newsletters or invitations to events organized by the Paris Dauphine-PSL University and its partners) at any time.
To exercise these rights, the user may send a request
- to the following email address: email@example.com
- or write to: DPO - Université Paris Dauphine-PSL, Place du Mal de Lattre de Tassigny - 75775 Paris cedex 16.
Université Paris Dauphine-PSL may ask the user to provide proof of identity before fulfilling their request.
6. Right to lodge a complaint with the CNIL
Users concerned about the use of their personal data have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (CNIL) if they believe that the processing of their personal data does not comply with European data protection regulations, by writing to the following address: CNIL – Service des plaintes, 3 Place de Fontenoy, TSA 80715 – 75334 Paris Cedex 07.
7. Accuracy of personal data
The user agrees that the personal data they provide on the site is up-to-date, accurate, complete, and unambiguous.
8. Disclosure of users' personal data
Université Paris Dauphine-PSL agrees to safeguard all personal data collected through the site and to only share said data under certain circumstances and in accordance with applicable law.
Université Paris Dauphine-PSL may, for instance, give access to users' personal data to third-party service providers, in their capacity as subcontractors, in order that they can provide services related to the site, including hosting, storage, analysis, data processing, database management, and IT maintenance. These service providers only act on the direction of Université Paris Dauphine-PSL and will have access to personal data only in order to perform these services; they will be held to the same security and confidentiality requirements as Université Paris Dauphine-PSL. Université Paris Dauphine-PSL may also be required to annually disclose data about students at Université Paris Dauphine-PSL to the Ministry of Higher Education and Research via SISE (the student tracking information system).
Additionally, a user's personal data may be shared with third parties for the following reasons:
- In the course of a merger or acquisition of all or part of Université Paris Dauphine-PSL by a third party, which the user accepts;
- In response to legal or administrative proceedings of any kind, or in response to legal enforcement measures sought by the appropriate authorities;
9. Transfer of users' personal data
Personal data collected by Université Paris Dauphine-PSL on the site will not be shared outside of the European Economic Area. The only exception to this rule is the sharing of personal data with Université Paris Dauphine-PSL’s international campuses and programs. When an institutional partner is based in a country that does not offer sufficient protection of your personal data, Université Paris Dauphine-PSL insists they comply with its requirements for the security and confidentiality of your personal data and take all necessary measures to ensure the adequate protection of your personal data in accordance with current data protection laws.
10. Security and protection of users' personal data
The security of your personal data is a priority for Université Paris Dauphine-PSL. Université Paris Dauphine-PSL will take all reasonable administrative and technical measures to prevent any disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction of user-provided personal data (access control, password security, authorization-specific access, etc.).
12. Contact Université Paris-Dauphine-PSL