A double degree in management or applied economics
Université Paris-Dauphine - PSL in partnership with Goethe Universität Frankfurt am Main offers the French-German Double Bachelor’s degree. 25 students are selected each year to enroll in this three-year program offering academic excellence, professional experience and international engagement.
It is a trilingual program with classes taught in French, German and English. The program offers professional experience with an internship in a German-speaking environment in the first year and a work-study stint (Management major) or long-term internship (Economics major) in the third year.
Obtaining the double degree:
Upon graduating the program, students obtain a double degree with:
- a Bachelor’s in Management or Applied Economics from Université Paris Dauphine - PSL
- a Bachelor of Science in Business and Economics (Goethe Universität - Frankfurt am Main)
Goethe Universität - facts and figures- Germany’s number
Germany’s number university
place among German universities according to the Shanghai ranking
Semesters 1 to 3 - Paris campus
- A multidisciplinary course in Economics, Management, Law, Humanities, Quantitative and digital sciences in the 1st year (semester 1 and 2) and the 2nd year (semester 3)
- Classes in German: history and economics, European law, etc.
- Most classes are taught in English and German
- Mandatory minimum 5-week internship in a German-speaking environment
Semesters 4 to 6 - Goethe Universität campus
- A specialization in Management or Applied economics from the 4th semester. In the Management major there are two options: Accountancy and Finance or Global Management
- A professional environment during semesters 5 and 6: apprenticeship (Management major) or internship (Economics major)
- A Bachelor's thesis (Bachelor Arbeit) during semester 6, that can be based on the professional experience (apprenticeship or internship)
- Classes are taught in German in semester 4, and in English and German in semesters 5 and 6
- The program is aimed at French and German high school students who will have a Baccalaureate, an Abibac or an International Baccalaureate (IB). This program begins only in the 1st year of the Bachelor's Degree.
- Applications are submitted online on the national platform Parcoursup (selective track).
- Very good proficiency in English and German is required.
- Students are selected based on application: academic record from final two years of high school, English language test results (TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge, etc.), German language test or certification.
- Selection interviews are held in April.
Dauphine in Their Own Words
As a student in a Franco-German double-degree program between the Université Paris Dauphine - PSL and Goethe University of Frankfurt, I had the opportunity to do a year of work-study in a large German industrial group.
This experience was very enriching for my professional career, since I was able to contribute directly to company projects and thus evolve in a multicultural professional environment, where the practice of German was a real advantage for my integration.
I was able to put to good use the language skills I had acquired as part of my Franco-German double degree in the various missions I was assigned during my work-study program, and to participate in my own way in achieving my company's objectives.
ALUMNI 2022 - FRENCH-GERMAN DOUBLE DEGREE - MANAGEMENT - EMPLOYEE AT BILFINGER
A Program Supported by the UFA
After being evaluated in several phases, this Dauphine PSL/Goethe Universität program of study joined the French-German University network in 2021. Aside from the quality that this support lends, students of the program are eligible for a scholarship financed by the UFA when they are in the partner country.