Develop your experience in France or abroad during the Master's degree cycle
The gap year is a temporary suspension of studies. At Université Paris Dauphine–PSL, it is strongly recommended for students enrolled in the first and second year of the Master's degree.
It allows them to do internships and/or work on a personal project (study abroad, humanitarian project, company start-up, etc.) in France or abroad, based on the pedagogical expectations of the program.
The gap year can take place as follows,
in France or abroad
- a gap year with internship;
- a gap year with a fixed-term or open-ended work contract;
- a gap year with a personal project without internship (volunteer work in France or abroad, such as international humanitarian action or international volunteer work for a government agency or business or voluntary service;
- activity start-up as a student entrepreneur;
- a program in a field other than that of the original program enrolled in, other).
Dauphine supports you in your
gap year project
The university also offers assistance with preparing and managing the gap year project, providing tools, workshops, one-on-one meetings, etc. Enrollment in a gap year with internship comes with a program offering featuring modules fully available online.
These modules help develop knowledge and skills on topics as varied as ethics and sustainable development, the French language, practice of English and general knowledge.
Each Master's degree lets students do a single gap period, for which the start of the period must coincide with the start of an academic year.