Finance: Master's Year 1

Program Objectives

The first year of the Master's program in Finance aims to introduce students to the various financial subdisciplines. Students enrolled in the initial training program will declare their desired area of specialization during this first year. Taking a gap year (which most of them do) will allow them to feel confident about their decision. Students enrolled in the apprenticeship program are directed towards one of three tracks in the second year: Asset Management, Real Estate Management, and Investment Banking and Markets.

Program objectives:

  • Understand the fundamentals of Finance;
  • Gain an overview of the different financial subdisciplines and fields in order to choose an area of specialization in Year 2;
  • Become expert in financial asset evaluation tools; know how to assess and manage financial risk;
  • Become expert in the software programs used to resolve financial problems

Program Objectives

The track “Research in Finance” is a track of the Master's Year 1 Finance, entirely taught in English.
This track is recommended to - but not required from - students who intend to apply to the Master's Year 2 104 “Research in Finance” and, more specifically, the PhD Qualifiying Year of the Master's Year 2 Research in Finance - 104.

The mandatory courses and seminars of the M1 research track provide you with the ideal knowledge base for succeeding in the Master's Year 2 Research in Finance - 104 curriculum, while optional seminars allow you to specialize in your field of interest (for example corporate finance, asset management, quantitative finance…).
90% of the students work in the private sector after the Master's Year 2 Research in Finance - 104. The remaining 10% start an academic career at the University or in Business Schools. For those interested in an academic career, it is recommended to follow the track PhD Qualifying Year of the M2 104.

You can follow the Master's Year 1 Research track in Finance even if you do not intend to apply to the Master's Year 2 Research in Finance - 104. This Research track, at the Master's Year 1 level, indeed covers the main areas of finance and gives you the possibility to apply to all M2 of the Master Finance.

A research certificate, assessing the high qualification acquired thanks to this specific program, will be delivered to all students who validate this track.

Types of education
Initial training
French and English
ECTS Credits
60 credits
8 weeks
Type of Diploma
Diploma from a major institution conferring the Master's degree
Academic Year


  • Juan Raposo

    Associate Professor

    Director of the 1st year of the Master's degree in Finance

  • Delphine Lautier

    University Professor

    Director of the 1st year of the Master's degree in Research in Finance

  • Christine LEHINGUE

    Teaching assistant

     Send an email