The MASEF (Mathematics of Insurance, Economics and Finance) track trains future high-level probabilistic mathematicians in mathematical techniques used in risk management and in economics. The balance between basic courses and those intended to be more practical provides students with a program allowing them to choose one of various specializations geared to academic research or industry positions with a strong quantitative component. The main job opportunities are in banking, but also include sectors requiring rare skills related to optimization in random and/or uncertain environments (energy industry, online auctions, etc.).
- Master the basics of optimization, decision-making, and risk coverage in uncertain environments with or without interactions.
- Gain significant expertise in the use of digital and statistical tools, including machine learning methods.
- Master advanced techniques in quantitative finance.
- Acquire the perspective needed to adapt to change, whether in research or industry.
- Types of education
- Initial training
- ECTS Credits
- 60 credits
- 20 weeks
- Type of Diploma
- National diploma
- Academic Year
The challenges of the ecological and social transition in the Master's degree programs
Several courses and tools are offered to students in the Master’s program, regardless of their specialization
- “Ecological Transition and Social Responsibility” Certificate
- “Dauphine Durable” SPOC A common base of knowledge in the areas of ethics, social responsibility and sustainable development. It tackles the basics of CSR: control, human resources, finance, marketing, strategy, climate issues and the environmental transition.
- “Managing SDGs” SPOC A unique learning experience in which students from multiple countries work together on real-life case studies.
- Virtual University of the Environment and Sustainable Development At PSL, Dauphine is a founding member of Université Virtuelle Environnement et Développement durable (Virtual University of the Environment and Sustainable Development), which allows it to provide its students with a set of resources and MOOCs.
A dedicated team