The first year of the program provides a solid knowledge of the fundamental concepts in economics, enabling you to analyze in depth the decision-making procedures of public and private stakeholders for a wide range of economic issues. The strong emphasis on quantitative methods will also allow you to become familiar with a variety of techniques for processing and analyzing data.
- Master fundamental concepts in economics (macroeconomics, microeconomics, game theory, industrial organization, … )
- Learn to model and solve the economic problems in various sectors of the economy (health, finance, energy, trade, … ) and the induced challenges for economic policy design
- Receive training in quantitative methods for processing and analyzing data in order to conduct reliable and robust analyses to a given problem
- Acquire knowledge of groundbreaking research in economics and explore the public and private stakeholders ’ decision-making processes
- Convey economic, statistical and/or econometric findings to different audiences, both orally and in writing
When you enroll in this Master's program, you also become a part of Université PSL. Ranked among the top 50 universities in the world (according to Time Higher Education ranking and the QS World University ranking), PSL offers excellent graduate programs at the Master's and PhD level, which benefit from the scientific capabilities of its member institutions. The degree is completed at Dauphine-PSL and awarded by Université PSL.
- Types of education
- Initial training and Executive Education
- ECTS Credits
- 120 credits
- No work-based training
- Type of Diploma
- Diploma from a major institution conferring the Master's degree
- Academic Year
The Master in Quantitative Economics allows interested students to acquire the Certificate in Advanced Quantitative Methods in Economics of the PSL Graduate Program in Economics.
The AQME certificate is based on a 2-year training (M1 Quantitative Economics -M2 Quantitative Economic Analysis) for students who plan to pursue their PhD. The theoretical part consists on validating courses and applications focused on advanced quantitative methods in economics. All certificate courses are included in the Master in Quantitative Economics. Obtaining the AQME certificate also asks for a research internship in a research center attached to a university, an international organization, or an administration in M1 or M2. The objective is to allow interested students to have a first experience in a research environment as early as the Master’s degree.
Director of the 1st year program of the Master's Degree in Quantitative Economics