The Quantitative Economic Analysis track offers excellent training in economic research, which enables students to analyze a broad range of contemporary economic issues in depth. Entirely taught in English, the curriculum draws on advanced quantitative methods, including the most up-to-date econometric techniques and innovative methods used to process massive volumes of data. It will allow you to pursue a doctoral program or embrace a career as a professional economist in the public, semi-public, or private sector, in France or abroad.
Skills acquired :
- Address nowadays major issues in the various economic fields: health, labor, education, macroeconomics, finance, globalization, economic development, …
- Address complex economic issues by identifying and modelling the specific attributes of public and private stakeholders involved and the induced chanllenges for economic policy design
- Acquire high-quality training in economic research, identify and help to produce groundbreaking scientific output in your specialization within the economic sciences
- Learn how to manage, model and analyze data, whatever the size of the database
- Select the appropriate statistical and econometric tools and put them to use to obtain reliable and robust answers to an economic problem within the public or private sphere
- Report on economic, statistical and/or econometric results to different audiences, orally and in writing
When you enroll in a Master's program, you also join Université PSL. Ranked in the top 50 universities in the world (THE and QS), PSL offers excellent graduate programs at the Master's and PhD level, which benefit from the scientific capabilities of its member institutions. The degree is completed at the Université Paris Dauphine-PSL and awarded by Université PSL.
- Types of education
- Initial training
- Executive Education
- ECTS Credits
- 60 credits
- Optional Internship
- Type of Diploma
- Diploma from a major institution conferring the Master's degree
- Academic Year
The Master in Quantitative Economics allows interested students to acquire the Certificate in Advanced Quantitative Methods in Economics of the PSL Graduate Program in Economics.
The AQME certificate is based on a 2-year training (M1 Quantitative Economics -M2 Quantitative Economic Analysis) for students who plan to pursue their PhD. The theoretical part consists on validating courses and applications focused on advanced quantitative methods in economics. All certificate courses are included in the Master in Quantitative Economics. Obtaining the AQME certificate also asks for a research internship in a research center attached to a university, an international organization, or an administration in M1 or M2. The objective is to allow interested students to have a first experience in a research environment as early as the Master’s degree.
job hunting's average duration
Professional integration rate
University Professor, Université Paris Dauphine - PSL, Director of the 2nd year of the Master's Degree in Quantitative Economic Analysis