The Institut Louis Bachelier (ILB) is an association as defined by the law of 1901 and was created in 2008. Its activities aim to involve academics, public authorities and private companies in research projects as well as in scientific events and other forums of exchange, with a focus on four societal transitions: environmental, digital, demographic, financial.
ILB is a partner of Paris Dauphine-PSL, Polytechnique, HEC, Toulouse School of Economics, l’ENSAE, supporting 20 Chairs and 22 research initiatives. ILB has supported several initiatives pertaining to Women and Science since 2019, including dedicating an issue of its Opinions and Debates series to the theme of “Women and Mathematics,” the annual Women in Science WISE conference, and the Women @ ILB program, which focuses on actions that can be taken to support women scientists.
The DNA of the Louis Bachelier Group (ILB, FdR, IEF) and its network is research, that aims to promote sustainable development in Economics and Finance.
More than ever, there is a need for cooperation between academia, business and the public authorities.
Institut Louis Bachelier designs programs and research initiatives by creating connections between experts from the academic, business, and public spheres.
Institut Louis Bachelier currently hosts more than 60 programs in four societal transitions: environmental, digital, demographic and financial.
The Louis Bachelier Group works to:
- Promote the pursuit of fundamental and applied excellence in economics and finance.
- Stimulate public-private collaboration among the different actors of the ecosystem.
- Facilitate companies’ access to the best researchers and offer researchers the opportunity to present their work.
- Develop new knowledge to inform decisions on the part of companies and public policy-makers.
- Promote French research internationally.
- Generate interaction and training within the Louis Bachelier network.
- Be a precursor on future research issues.