Research in Finance aims to give students an in-depth knowledge of finance in both theoretical and operational terms. It is entirely taught in English. With an education through research approach, it covers the main areas of finance: corporate finance, capital markets, derivatives valuation, portfolio management, quantitative tools,… With the range of courses on offer, each student can create their own tailor-made study course.
Skills Acquired :
- Understanding the key variables of economics, finance and financial regulation
- Analyzing the trends of financial markets
- Understanding and applying economic and financial modelling
- Building a critical mind and a scientific curiosity, in order to be able to collect pertinent financial information, create and manage databases, analyse academic literature
- Reach the frontier of knowledge, ask the relevant questions and apply research methods with scientific scrutiny
- Foster the autonomy in learning, in order to be able to write a Master’s thesis (research or applied) ; in the case of an applied Master’s thesis, a 3-months Internship is required
An additional certificate, named "Fundamentals of Data Science", will be delivered to the students who validate the three following: Python for Finance, Data Management, Machine Learning, Empirical applications for finance.
- The PhD Qualifying Year is a track of the M2 104 Research in Finance, entirely taught in English. This one-year academic research training is the natural extension of the M1 Research in Finance track. It offers the best preparation for a PhD in Finance at University Paris Dauphine - PSL.
- The PhD Qualifying Year is indeed required from students who apply to our Finance PhD Program. Students can postulate at the doctoral level upon success in the qualifying year. They will then carry out a PhD thesis with the DRM Finance research team in a 3-year doctoral program
- The research interests of our team cover all fields of finance including corporate finance, financial reporting, banking, asset pricing, asset management, market microstructure, financial econometrics, real estate, commodities etc. Our research center offers a wide range of resources for research (hardware, software, and databases) as well as a stimulating intellectual environment with a very active visiting program of leading scholars from all around the world.
- You can follow the program of the PhD Qualifying Year even if you do not intend to apply for a PhD thesis. This program indeed covers the main areas of finance and gives you the possibility to acquire a deep knowledge in finance that will be extremely valuable in the private sector.
- A research certificate, assessing the high qualification acquired thanks to the PhD Qualifying Year, will be delivered to all students who validate this track.
- An additional certificate, named "Fundamentals of Data Science", will be delivered to the students who validate the three following: Python for Finance, Data Management, Machine Learning, Empirical applications for finance.
- The PhD Qualifying Year also belongs to the PhD track in Finance | PSL. PSL and Université Paris Dauphine invite highly qualified students holding or completing a bachelor’s or a master’s degree to apply to its finance PhD program. Our PhD curriculum starts with the PhD Qualifying Year. Upon success in this track, students then enroll in our PhD program and carry out a PhD thesis with the DRM Finance research team. The PhD track is fully-funded with excellence grants at the master level and a 3-year doctoral contract at the PhD level.
- Types of education
- Initial training
- ECTS Credits
- 60 credits
- 12 weeks
- Type of Diploma
- Diploma from a major institution conferring the Master's degree
- Academic Year
Director of the Master’s degree
job hunting’s average duration
Professional integration rate